[Mageia-dev] rescue has mount.nfs, but no statd

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Fri Mar 23 16:52:15 CET 2012

Op vrijdag 23 maart 2012 10:34:55 schreef Thierry Vignaud:
> On 22 March 2012 20:33, Maarten Vanraes <alien at rmail.be> wrote:
> >> nfs was available, so we wanted to mount
> >>
> >> but the mount failed, because nfs module wasn't modprobed, and drvinst
> >> didn't fix that (maybe it should modprobe nfs as well)
> >>
> >> or maybe mount.nfs should try to modprobe nfs if needed.
> >>
> >> however, statd wasn't there and it complained that it needed that for
> >> locking
> >>
> >> atm we're doing -o nolock and that works... but... statd would be quite
> >> usefull here...
> >
> > perhaps i should rephrase...
> >
> > can i fix this by adding statd on the rescue? or would this take too much
> > space?
>
> it's simpler to use "mount -o nolock" instead...

it's what i did at the time, but would it be alot of work/space to include
statd? when doing backup of files to somewhere else, you kind of want to know
it's not gonna get mushed if someone just goes around opening some files or
something...

would it just be running statd? or would it also require portmapper etc...
etc... ?

if it's too much work, or too complex, it's not needed, but if it's not too
much space and just having statd, then it's good