[Mageia-dev] KDE configuration file regressions

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Mon Mar 26 02:56:20 CEST 2012

I'm not sure if this is worth a bug report, but the incremental KDE
upgrades in cauldron have a bad habit of regressing changes to
configurations and preferences.  With every major upgrade, the fact that
I've disabled the screensaver gets forgotten.  Sound volume keeps
resetting to 1%.  Changes I've made to konsole settings to patch the yet
unfixed bug that sets vertical terminal dimensions to the screen maximum
get undone.

This stuff isn't critical for cauldron upgrades, but it will be for
release upgrades if peoples' existing KDE preferences get trampled on
indiscriminately.  There probably ought to be a review of what the RPMs
are tagging as conf files, and the scope should be increased.