[Mageia-dev] freez push clamav-0.97.4

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Mon Mar 26 05:39:34 CEST 2012

On Saturday, March 24, 2012 04:21:36 PM Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Thomas Spuhler at 24/03/12 22:49 did gyre and gimble:
> >>
> >> Why?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Sander
> >
> > it's an upgrade from 0.97.4
> > We need to provide the newest version of the antivirus package
>
> This, by itself, is not a very good explanation.
>
> If this is purely a definitions update then that's fine.
> If this is a bugfix update that's probably fine too (depending on the bug)
> If it's a new feature update then that likely won't make it.
>
> People are all very busy. It only takes the person requesting the push a
> minute or two to describe things properly. Please give your busy
> colleagues the respect they deserve and provide good explanations to
> save them having to spend time discussing and asking further questions.
>
> We still don't really have enough information to decide on this one!
>
> So please state whether it's just definitions or bugfix (and if so what
> bugs) etc.
>
> Col
Sorry, I was busy last night and today with non Linux related staff and wanted
to give this as much time as possible to be tested
The upgrade isn't necessarily needed. The new package provides some bug fixes
as provieded on their web site. See below.
But if we don't do it, users will soon after the release get the message they
your clamav version is outdated. Do we want that?

ClamAV 0.97.4 has been released!

March 19th, 2012 Posted by - webmaster

ClamAV 0.97.4 includes minor bugfixes, detection improvements and
initial support for on-access scanning under Mac OS X (see
contrib/ClamAuth).

This update is recommended for all users.