[Mageia-dev] Freeze push: libmbfl

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 17:31:00 CEST 2012

Colin Guthrie <mageia at ...> writes:
> > Rebuilding PHP did not help.
> >
> > We need to revert this ASAP or find a way to fix PHP to be compatible
> > and find out which other packages may be broken as a result.

It's quite a mess upstream too.  Apparently there was a 1.0.1 version
(with a security bug), and then it was fixed in a 1.1.0 version, but the
tarball was still called 1.0.1, replacing the old copy upstream.  We can't
just revert this, because that's not right either, but what we can do is
sync it with the version from Mageia 1 updates.  This will require sysadmin
assistance because of downgrading the version.  I'll fix this in SVN when I
get back to my apartment, since mgarepo sync interactions with the binrepo
don't work through a proxy, so I can't quite do it from work.

Sorry for not noticing the breakage, I forgot to install php-mbstring when
testing this.  We'll get it fixed though :o)