[Mageia-dev] KDE requires creep and other minimal installation issues

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 20:40:49 CEST 2012

<luigiwalser at yahoo.com> a écrit :
> > I'm not 100% sure, but I think at least some of the reason all kinds of extra
> > stuff gets pulled in is because Default-kde4-config and
> > mageia-kde4-config-common both have added dependencies on plasma applets
> > (plasma-applet-icontasks and plasma-applet-battery, respectively), which
> > certainly seems wrong.
> Nop, default config use iconstasks so we'll end up with a broken panel if
> it was not pulled.

Then this is definitely wrong.  Those config packages are required even when
you don't have KDE itself installed, so there's no panel to be broken.  Those
requires should be elsewhere.

> I don't know if this accounts for all of the extra stuff
> > getting pulled in.  If I knew for sure, I'd file a bug.
> >
> > Also, as I alluded to, KDE installed with task-kde4-minimal is a bit broken.
> > Some issues include no showdesktop widget being installed, and as soon
> > as you log in, an error message:
> > Warning: Cannot open ConsoleKit session: Unable to open session: Failed to
> > connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus
> >
> > Not sure if this is related, but when you don't have a sound device,
> > Kmix in the system tray has a missing icon.
> Under kde session ? Could you add a screenshot ?

Yes, in a KDE session.

> > Finally, even on a workstation installation with full KDE, there is some
> > error message that briefly displays at the top of the screen after you
> > log in, but not long enough to read it.  It looks like something about
> > power management.
> >
> You should add somewhere thoses logs (bugzilla).

That's the thing, the message doesn't stay long enough to read it, and I
don't see anything about it in .xsession-errors.