[Mageia-dev] Freeze push: libmbfl

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Fri Mar 30 05:05:00 CEST 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 07:50:10PM -0700, Thomas wrote in
<201203291950.10882.thomas at btspuhler.com>:
>On Wednesday, March 28, 2012 04:28:42 PM David Walser wrote:
>> Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> > We need to revert this ASAP or find a way to fix PHP to be compatible
>> > and find out which other packages may be broken as a result.
>>
>> OK, I synced it with the version in Mageia 1 updates, so this is ready to
>> go.
>>
>> I need a sysadmin to push it because of downgrading the version.  Now it
>> will be: libmbfl-1.1.0-6.mga2
>
>David, can you please look at this again, it will not upgrade the way it is
>(downgrade)

Thomas, it is my understanding that this is how it should work? That is,
downgrades should not be handled automatically in Cauldron. In the stable
release, you'd increase the epoch. In Cauldron, everyone affected has to
handle this manually as there we don't want to increase the epoch (which
would eventually trickle down into stable, and we want to avoid using an
epoch unless absolutely necessary).

Just one of the downsides of running the development version on your
machine as I understand it.

Remmy