[Mageia-dev] Removal of sun java

Jerome Quelin jquelin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 13:50:47 CEST 2012

On 12/03/30 13:19 +0200, D.Morgan wrote:
> is sun java of any use ?

in france, to declare our salaries before taxes are applied, the web app
used to require a "trusted" version of java - that is, sun jdk. i don't
know if openjdk works nowadays.

> btw sun java is provided upstream as a rpm that need user "input" to
> validate the licence so i don't think we can do something.

the advantage of having it in the dist is that a maintainer is following
the version and updates them. user doesn't have to check a website for
new versions.

jérôme