[Mageia-dev] Problems with flash 11.2

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Sat Mar 31 02:38:24 CEST 2012

On 03/31/2012 02:12 AM, JA Magallón wrote:
> Hi...
>
> Is anybody else seeing strange things with flash 11.2 ?
> In my nvidia boxes it looks like I'm always seeing avatars in pandora...
> Looks like red and blue channels are switched.
>
> Try this:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ntsc+color+bars
>
> look at the thumbnail, and then to the video (lookin close to the two rightmost
> bars...).
>
> It doesn't happen on intel graphics. My system is 64bit and nvidia.
> Still have to try on 32bit with older nvidia card (7600GT).
>
> Somebody else ?

Googling a bit more and with some experiments, I found the problem.
Channels are swapped if you use accelerated video rendering but
software decoding. If both are soft, or both accelerated there is no
problem.

And, btw, to get hw video decoding I had to write a file in /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
with

EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1

There are some more settings here

http://wiki.debian.org/FlashPlayer

and a fully commented file here

http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/www-plugins/adobe-flash/files/mms.cfg

I don't know how useful are the rest, but this one really enables HW in my
nvidia card. Perhaps it should be a good idea to add it to the rpm, after
downloading binaries. If it does not cause trouble in other chipsets.
Will try on intel...

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>        \               Winter is coming...