[Mageia-dev] Freeze push: icewm

Damien Lallement mageia at damsweb.net
Thu May 3 00:07:35 CEST 2012

Le 02/05/2012 20:21, David Walser a écrit :
> Damien Lallement<mageia at ...>  writes:
>>>
>>> It also replaces emacs with vim on the default toolbar.  Why try to sneak
>>> through a change like this now to something that's been there for years?
>>
>> Nothing bad, on this demand, I'm fixing iceWM package if you check the
>> changelog. Just finding a lot of issues, so my demande was done BEFORE I
>> fixed an other one.
>> Why having something broken for years? I don't understand your POV...
>
> It wasn't broken.  If the emacs package was installed, the icon was displayed
> fine and the button worked fine.  This seems like a really poor change.

I'm sorry but without this modification I didn't have any icons. :-/
The link towards .png was wrong.
The idea is to have a generic icon (like for www and terminal) in order
to have a X-editor in desktop-common-data in the future.

>>> Also, if the emacs package is installed, the way it was before, it should
>>> have launched the GUI version of emacs.  AFAIK vim only runs in the
>>> console.  Does the button even work with your change???
>>
>> Yes!!!
>
> How?  I haven't tried it, but making a button launcher for vim in KDE doesn't
> work.  Have you tested it?  What does it do?

You were right, I think I was drunk when doing my test (must be emacs
and not vim the editor...). I reverted this modification.

Thanks for your tips.
--
Damien Lallement
twitter: damsweb - IRC: damsweb/coincoin