[Mageia-dev] Proprietary graphic card test needed (release blocker bugs)

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri May 4 10:25:57 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Angelo Naselli at 03/05/12 22:39 did gyre and gimble:
> In data giovedì 3 maggio 2012 21:26:56, Angelo Naselli ha scritto:
>>> Tested sony vaio i3 processor, no fglrx graphics driver problems,
>>> no wireless (atheros) ones, and neither KDE.
>>
>> Ops last famous words... shutdown the live cd does not work, after
>> ejecting the cd screen stays black with a left high cursor flashing.
> tried it again. It works, i have to press enter, but there is not any
> warning for that. I understood that because on the other test
> i found that text string after ejecting.

Yes, I was seeing this too when discussing with tmb. I found that
editing the halt-local.service unit to do the chvt 1 and kill -55 1
parts allowed the screen to be displayed properly with message and all.

I'll see about helping out there (see my other messages on this list
about this issue specifically)