[Mageia-dev] Mageia 2 LiveCD contents...

Marek Laane bald at smail.ee
Fri May 11 21:44:03 CEST 2012

2012/5/11 John Balcaen <mikala at mageia.org>

> 2012/5/11 Marek Laane <bald at smail.ee>:
> [...]
> > Tried RC and found something what maybe shouldn't be there - KHelpcenter
> -
> > and not just being there but quite prominently in the menu also
> > (Documentation->Help only entry). As Live CD doesn't include help
> > documentation KHC is mostly unuseful, you only get that such and such
> module
> > isn't there. Sure, there is man and info pages but I rather doubt anyone
> is
> > interested to use KHC for reading man or info. And more weirdness - there
> > still is only peace KDE documentation you can read in KHC, namely
> > documentation for Kipi plugins. Maybe excluding also Kipi plugins'
> > documentation helps to save precious space? And I'd propose if not
> excluding
> > KHV, then at least to remove it from main menu as it leads to erroneous
> > impression there really is some helpful documentation ...
> This was done explicitly to fix a bug where this documentation entry
> was not available.
>

> --
> Balcaen John
> Jabber-id: mikala at jabber.littleboboy.net

Though I fail to understand for what is this entry needed in Live CD where
there is no documentation, another question remains: why is there only and
only Kipi plugins documentation? Not that excluding it would win musc space
but if there is'nt documentation for e.g. Dolphin or whatever other main
applications ...