[Mageia-dev] Live RC

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Sat May 12 20:08:46 CEST 2012

Nice and shiny system.
Boots quickly from a memory stix.
No ugly background text between the boot-splashes.
I tried it on about 5 different boxes. Some little annoyances such as the USB
window shows after boot completes.
We should have local time as default, not UTC. I think most people use it on a
Windows box, and Windows still uses local time

But this may be a release blocker:
on my friend's Samsung Netbook, the wireless connection is a problem resp. a
big annoyance

It has an Atheros chip, AR242c/AR542c
When I connect, I get an error message from syslogd kernel:[348.157190] Dazed
and confused, but trying to continue
(I can provide a screen shot)

I need to connect a second time and it connects w/o error.

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler