[Mageia-dev] [soft-commits] [4584] (systemd_unit_exists) factorize

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed May 23 21:59:32 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and David W. Hodgins at 23/05/12 20:46 did gyre and gimble:
> On Wed, 23 May 2012 14:38:09 -0400, Colin Guthrie
> <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
>

>> NAK. No it's not redundant it's very important. The symlinks *will* be
>> broken when run via the installer due to the $::prefix as they will
>> point to "non-existent" paths in /lib/systemd/ (not to
>> /mnt/lib/systemd...) so I treat any symlink that exists (even if it
>> points to an invalid unit) as "valid" here.
>
> Wouldn't it have been better to use relative symlinks then?

Yes ideally, but this would require a change at the systemd side too so
it's somewhat complicated.

In the future I think it will be somewhat moot anyway (I'd like to
investigate using systemd in the installer itself and then using
systemd-nspawn to be able to introspect and manipulate the state of
everything - thus avoiding all this manual poking altogether which is
IMO much cleaner.