[Mageia-dev] Upgrade: Seamonkey 2.9.1

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Thu May 24 16:41:43 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 23 May 2012 15:42, Eric Elena wrote:
> Now, what you have been waiting for, the files are available here:
> http://voguemerry.com/seamonkey

May I suggest that you also do what I do, have a folder with the src.rpm packages. That way those who want can easily recompile the packages them selves, possibly on 64 bit systems.

If I understand FSF and the GPL correctly, it's not enough that you point to the upstream sourcecode repostitory. If you provide GPL software, you must also provide the sourcecode. And the easy way to do that is to provide the source rpm's. That way you don't forget any of the files required to build a package, as all required files will be in te src.rpm's. :-)=

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324