[Mageia-dev] Suggestion of roadmap for kde on mageia once cauldron is reopened

Balcaen John mikala at mageia.org
Fri May 25 11:45:28 CEST 2012

Hello,

Since cauldron is going to reopened by the end of the week i would suggest to
wait a little bit for KDE 4.9 beta1 & rather in a first time update our Qt to
4.8.2 in cauldron & KDE from 4.8.2 to .4.8.3 (or 4.8.4 which should be out
quite soon) because :
- we can have a little more test for the 4.8.x branch for mga2 & Qt 4.8.2
- in 4.9.x upstream did split /create some new tarball [1] & even if cauldron
is supposed to be cauldron i like to have a « less broken as possible » kde
due to file conflict so i usually test most of kde locally (for files conflicts
before even uploading them to svn).

So we can probably jump in the beta2 from 4.9 (& i should have a working box
by the end of June :p)

[1] for example finally ksecrets simply disappear, kdemultimedia is splitted in
juk,kmix,dragon...., kdebase-artwork has his own tarballl, there's a new
nepomuk-core tarball splitted out of kde-runtime (& a dependency of this one).

Regards,

--
Balcaen JOhn