[Mageia-dev] Mageia 2 DVD 64bits install is broken

zezinho lists.jjorge at free.fr
Sat May 26 10:03:29 CEST 2012

Em 26-05-2012 02:07, Simple . escreveu:
> i used rufus in windows to burn the .iso into the usb, now i dont know
> if this is specifically caused by rufus or if this is caused by other
> thing, and here would be better that others could test and reproduce
> this.
 > So when in the USB pen disk i renamed the packages to its original
 > filenames, the install went fine and finally made to conclude with
 > sucess Mageia 2 install.

I don't know rufus, but as you are able to modify the names of the files
in the USB, this is not a simple dump of the ISO : an ISO image cannot
be modified. This is so a modified DVD image, that seems to introduce
new bugs.

The only way I know to put Mageia's ISO in a USB key is :

dd if=DVD.iso of=/dev/sdX bs=8M

(the bs option is only to accelerate writing speed).