[Mageia-dev] Suggestion of roadmap for kde on mageia once cauldron is reopened

Maurice Batey maurice at bcs.org.uk
Sat May 26 12:03:04 CEST 2012

On Sat, 26 May 2012 10:52:38 +0200, Angelo Naselli wrote:

> Can Thunderbird import all the kmail messages?

  Because TBird did not support 'maildir' storage I was not interested, as I
want to stay with maildir for efficency of backup/cloning (using rsync).

Apparently, however, TBird 12 will support maildir (although the GUI to
configure it is not quite there), in which case if KMail e.g. 4.9 still lacks a
working Find Messages I shall consider jumping ship to TBird.
   But being quite fond of KMail (and 4.8.2 does work quite well - apart from
Find Messages an Composer Autocomplete of addresses) I shall hold off until
KMail 4.9 arrives, when - hopefully - I shall be able to return to Mageia...
   In the meantime I stay with KDE 4.5.2 on Mandriva 2010.2.

--
/\/\aurice