[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release grub2-2.0-1.4379.mga3

Barry Jackson zen25000 at zen.co.uk
Tue May 29 10:27:03 CEST 2012

On 29/05/12 09:03, Thierry Vignaud wrote:
> On 29 May 2012 01:43, barjac<buildsystem-daemon at mageia.org>  wrote:
>> Description :
>> This is the second version of the GRUB (Grand Unified Boot-loader), a highly
>> configurable and customizable boot-loader with modular architecture.
>> It supports a wide range of kernel formats, file systems, computer
>> architectures and hardware devices.
>> *************** PLEASE NOTE ***************
>> This is a development snapshot, and is not necessarily stable.
>> GRUB 2 is not yet supported by the Mageia configuration tools nor integrated
>> into the install system.
>> It will not replace GRUB or your current boot manager if you install it.
>> Do not replace GRUB (grub package) with it unless you know what are you doing.
>> Refer to the README.Mageia file that is part of this package's documentation
>> for more information.
>
> This should not be part of description.
> Use README.urpmi instead
>
>> barjac<barjac>  2.0-1.4379.mga3:
>> + Revision: 248863
>> - Removed dot from one summary
>> - imported package grub2

Thierry,
I guess that you are referring to the section after ********* PLEASE
If this was in a README.urpmi then users would not see it until after
installation. I think that this is something that needs to be explained
*before* installation, which is why I added it to the description.
Someone looking at this in rpmdrake and trying to decide whether or not
to install, will be better informed.

Barry