[Mageia-dev] Pyro update

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Tue May 29 14:56:51 CEST 2012

Hi there,

I notice we have pyro 3.10 in the repositories. By now, according to the
projects homepage at http://packages.python.org/Pyro4/intro.html pyro
4.x (which is a reimplementation) can be considered as the main branch
of the project.
So what to do? Both versions of pyro are not api compatible, so just
updating pyro 3.x to pyro 4.x might crush someone's applications.
So should we import pyro 4.x as a versioned package and keep pyro 3.x as
it is or should we rename pyro 3.x to pyro3 and import pyro 4.x as pyro?
I would prefer the first way, since upstream choose to call the newer
version pyro4 instead of pyro.

Oliver

--
Oliver Burger aka obgr_seneca