[Mageia-dev] Mageia 3 specifications

Anne Nicolas ennael at mageia.org
Wed May 30 23:43:03 CEST 2012

Hi there

Mageia 2 is out, it's now time to work on next version, Mageia 3. We
tried to improve the specifications process so that it can be more
efficient and less frustrating :).

Some conclusions on Mageia 2 specifications:

- lots of proposals, very few achieved
- lots of incomplete proposals
- specifications that are not really specifications like "update to xxx
version" for minor packages
- some kind of catalog of items without logic
- lots of proposals without any resources

So in order to improve all this, we looked at what were doing other
distributions, especially in Fedora. Then we worked on first version for
"Features policy" that will be used for Mageia.

Here is the process:

- until 15/06: make proposals for Mageia 3 specifications (features)
following our policy
- 16 to 18/06: choose features that will be added for official
specifications of Mageia 3
- publish and communicate on it

Mageia features policy:
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Features_policy
Template for feature proposal:
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Feature_Template

Please read carefully this policy and use the template. Once it's done,
feel free to mail -dev if you think you need to discuss your feature and
find people so that you can propose resources to work on it.

Cheers

--
http://mageia.org