[Mageia-dev] Barry's cronsync script - Bugs

Barry Jackson zen25000 at zen.co.uk
Tue Nov 6 15:05:40 CET 2012

On 05/11/12 19:36, Johnny A. Solbu wrote:

> I have problems customizing it for my own use. (I'm testiing manually for the time being)
> It won't exclude the things I say it should exclude.
> My copy have this line:
> ==
> myexcludes="--exclude={debug/,backports_testing,updates_testing/}"
> ==
> It does Not exclude them. (Note that I am excluding all debug and _testing folders, but Not SRPMS)
> That line used in my manuall rsync command, works. They are excluded.
>
> So, why won't this work in cronsync?

Hi Johnny,
Sorry for delay - I missed the post.
It's your syntax.
This works using your excludes with the syntax in line 20 of this new
script.

http://paste.kde.org/598076/

I fixed another bug and changed it slightly to better display rsync
errors in the log.
I have not seen any problems recently and it's running every hour. It
currently keeps a filecount history log as well, but that's just for
interest and testing.

The problem with your syntax seems to be related to the {} - I don't
fully understand why, but it causes a pair of ' to be wrapped around the
--exclude option in the final rsync command :

rsync -rlptgoDhHSn --stats --delete-after --delete-excluded
--protect-args '--exclude={debug/,backports_testing,updates_testing/}'
rsync://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr:/pub/linux/Mageia/distrib
/zmrepo/pub/linux/Mageia/

With my syntax it appears like this:-

rsync -rlptgoDhHSn --progress --stats --delete-after --max-delete=1000
--delete-excluded --protect-args --exclude=debug
--exclude=backports_testing --exclude=updates_testing
rsync://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr:/pub/linux/Mageia/distrib
/zmrepo/pub/linux/Mageia/

Regards
Barry