[Mageia-dev] recent change in mageia wiki : calenco draktools

Marja van Waes marja11 at xs4all.nl
Sat Nov 10 17:49:21 CET 2012

On 10/11/2012 17:19, Marja van Waes wrote:
> On 10/11/2012 15:44, PhilippeDidier wrote:
>> to Marja
>
>> Hi !
>
>>> From time to time I have a glance to the work in progress
>>> inside the
>> Mageia Wiki
>
>> I just saw that you didn't find the drakperm screen inside the
>> MCC
>
>> Indeed it exists but is only a screen inside MSEC : you can't
>> directly access to it from the MCC but only after launched MSEC
>> from the MCC
>
>> here's an attached snapshot (hope it's viewable)
>
>> Hope it will help
>
>> Regards Philippe
>

> Thanks Philippe, both for checking our work from time to time and
> for this mail. :)
>
> The screen in the snapshot is the one I get when starting msecgui
> and go to "Security settings" - "permissions"
>
> However, when doing drakperm I get a different screen than that
> one. I do not think it is the same.
>
> I'll attach a screenshot.

Found it in the changelog for drakconf:
http://sophie.zarb.org/rpms/db496e5b0c779fd6d04146c16db8c594/changelog

scroll down to:

Thu Jan 22 2009 Eugeni Dodonov <eugeni at mandriva.com> 12.1-1mdv2009.1
+ Revision: 332392
- - Version 12.1 - 21 January 2009, Eugeni Dodonov
- - removed entry for drakperm (now handled by msecgui)
- - add support for msecgui
- - changed description for draksec functionality

Is drakperm as command line tool still usable and being used, or
should it have been obsoleted?

Cheers,
Marja