[Mageia-dev] mariadb needs to have the rel bumped

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Mon Nov 12 00:40:04 CET 2012

Op maandag 12 november 2012 06:46:34 schreef Funda Wang:
> So it means some bugs or even security problems are not fixed in cauldron
> but in stable releases? I thought they should be fixed at the same time.
>
> BTW, is there any reason why we won't upgrade to mariadb 5.5.28 at the
> moment?

Sorry, my bad, i was working for cauldron on restructure of configuration
together with upstream, and i should've updated the security fixes from mga2 to
cauldron as well.

Wrt to 5.5.28, for stable it's unecessary, i'm patching security issues if
they appear, but for cauldron, i'm still hestitating on getting 5.5 or 10.X
branch as i had originally planned, but is delayed. In any case, cauldron is
not really my priority as it's a development distro, but rest assured, i will
have a good release ready on time, very likely before beta1.

AL13N

PS: please don't top-post

FYI: https://kb.askmonty.org/en/what-is-mariadb-100/