[Mageia-dev] [soft-commits] [6435] Added a first log viewer module.

Steven Tucker tuxta2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 12:14:40 CET 2012

On 12/11/12 19:16, AL13N wrote:
> Op maandag 12 november 2012 11:07:42 schreef Angelo Naselli:
> [...]
>> Again I'm not a perl developer and neither i'm pretending to be,
>> what i'm trying to, is porting some old programs to new layout,
>> but if that hurts someone's feeling i can stop working on it
>> and do some in c++ for what i need.
> [...]
>
> Be advised that often people come accross as rude for certain people when it's
> really just a different way of speaking in their primary language.
>
> I doubt his feelings get hurt so easily though :-)
>
> Also, look at it this way: if you really were bothering him, he wouldn't care
> so much as to send detailed comments with where to find more info

This way of speaking (I find it is standard with technical people, not
just a language issue) was a big shock to me the first time I offered up
help, and seemed to be smashed back down.
I felt quite deflated and hurt, but it really is just getting to the
point, and in most cases not meant as an insult but rather helping out
by pointing out how things could be better. I learned to appreciate the
fact that someone has bothered to analyse my code, regardless of their
opinion of it.

At the end of the day, if you don't agree, you just don't change your
code :-)

But just for the record ...

Angelo, you are doing a great job. I really appreciate your help (both
hands on and advise) and I am sure most people here at least respect
your effort, regardless of whether they agree with the project, or like
the code itself. You did not initially want to use libyui and you did
not want to use Perl. You are now doing both in the hope of achieving
the greater goal.

Thank you!

Now get back and fix your rubbish code !! lol :-P

Cheers
Tuxta