[Mageia-dev] System policy prevents modification of network settings for all users

Bo Lan lanbo64 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 18:42:03 CET 2012

On Wed, 2012-11-14 at 17:14 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I've been seeing this message every few minutes for the past week or
> so (Cauldron on my netbook, BCM4313).  It request a password, but no
> indication of what password.  I've tried the network password, the
> root password and the user password.  All I ever get is a minute's
> delay, then the same message and password request.  What went wrong
> and how do I put it right?
>
> I have a vague recollection of seeing a message that the Broadcom wifi
> driver is already in the kernel - is this connected?
>
> Anne

If you said "system policy", it should be your root password. But you
said that root doesn't work.

So I guess, do you mean the "Keyring"? If it requests a keyring, that
means that you used to set a keyring to remember many passwords in your
system. If you forget it, you can try to totally delete your account,
and create a new account.

Bo