[Mageia-dev] Please help with Freeswitch

Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz dlucio at okay.com.mx
Sun Nov 18 04:30:42 CET 2012

Le dimanche 18 novembre 2012 01:13:21 Pascal Terjan a écrit :

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <dlucio at okay.com.mx>
wrote:

For some strange reason, Im having problems compilling/linking freeswitch with
perl

http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/uploads/failure/cauldron/core/release/20121117015722.dlucio.valstar.24074/log/freeswitch-1.2.3-1.mga3/build.0.20121117015804.log

can you give me an advise or in best case just apply patch to fix this?

Wow this is a scary package

[pterjan at chopin freeswitch]$ ls -1 SOURCES/
celt-0.10.0.tar.gz
communicator_semi_6000_20080321.tar.gz
flite-1.5.1-current.tar.bz2
freeswitch-1.2.3.tar.bz2
json-c-0.9.tar.gz
lame-3.97.tar.gz
libmemcached-0.32.tar.gz
libshout-2.2.2.tar.gz
mpg123-1.13.2.tar.gz
openldap-2.4.11.tar.gz
opus-0.9.0.tar.gz
pocketsphinx-0.7.tar.gz
sha1.lst
soundtouch-1.6.0.tar.gz
sphinxbase-0.7.tar.gz

The spec has :
%if 0%{?suse_version} > 100
#BuildRequires: openldap2-devel
BuildRequires: lzo-devel
%else
BuildRequires: openldap-devel
%endif

So why does it need to have the sources of openldap 2.4.11 (from 2008)?

Why does it include so many very old version of various software? Can they at
least get patched for all security fixes they got over the years?

Sorry, I wanted to help but this package really looks too awful... The spec
is 2339 lines, many of them not applying to mageia...

Good luck

By the way I am surprised that we don't block upload of packages with such
Packager tag

I know, they are statically linked.  I did ask directly to freeswitch ML and
they told me they freeze the use of these packages because they are tested to
work. Anyway I have linked as shared so it is only to let the srpm work, i
will try to strip them, but please help me on the perl linking, i dont find a
reason why it looks for libperl

LD