[Mageia-dev] What the hell is wrong with MGA2s suspend/sleep/hibernate?

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Tue Nov 20 17:00:21 CET 2012

On Tuesday 20. November 2012 16.46, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Does "ifdown eth0; ifup eth0" help

As I stated in the original post, it does not.

> or is the device managed by Network
> Manager? (in which case ifdown+ifup should be noops).

Uhm, how do I tell?
This is a standard installation, where I configured the interface to have static IP, and all that, at the end of the install process.
Meaning, whatever the default manager is, is managing the card. And it is always up.

> If there is no NM interferance does a stop of the network, removal of
> the eth driver kernel module + a modprobe + a start of the network help?

I'm not doing any more testing on this computer today, as this particular computer is a «production» system.
I'll see if I can reproduce it on one of the laptops here.

> I had to do this on my wifi card a at various points when the kernel
> support wavered. Maybe that's the same problem for you?

I have no idea. This is a desktop with a good old fasioned ethernet card and no wifi cards.
Wifi is banned from my network. :-)=

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324