[Mageia-dev] OpenVPN missing PID dir

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Nov 26 01:18:41 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and Olivier Blin at 25/11/12 23:31 did gyre and gimble:
> Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> writes:
>
>> 'Twas brillig, and Olivier Blin at 25/11/12 15:19 did gyre and gimble:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Shouldn't this be done through a rpm filetrigger?
>>
>> I don't think there is a way to specify which files triggered the file
>> trigger is there?
>>
>> Basically we'd need to know the basename of the file that changed, also
>> there are times when it has to be excluded (e.g. some files should not
>> be run except at boot).
>
> Looks like this list is available to the script from stdin, see
> /var/lib/rpm/filetriggers/httpd.script or
> /var/lib/rpm/filetriggers/pear.script

OK good to know.

Sadly the ordering is still wrong as this needs to be run after %pre but
before any calls to %_post_service (i.e. in %post).

As a result I don't think it's really possible to automate this. It
could be added to a filetrigger for "safety" and baked into
%_post_service but it still doesn't cover several corner cases, and I
don't think it's really worth the bother personally.