[Mageia-dev] Bye Bye Mageia

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Nov 26 15:52:20 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and Joseph Wang at 26/11/12 14:07 did gyre and gimble:
> If Mageia won't accept the work that I just did packaging cinnamon, then
> bye, bye Mageia.

It's a shame that you feel the need to write such an email after an
incredibly minimal discussion on the topic.

It's basically an ultimatum stating: let X into the repositories or I'm
going.

You've clearly spent time on Cinnamon but at no point did I see you post
any emails regarding these plans here.

Part of contributing (and we certainly need contributors) is
collaboration. Communicating with others, even when they work on stuff
that you don't personally use (or even like!), is an essential part of
that process. Had you done this earlier then the current decisions
regarding cinnamon would have happened much sooner.

Also if you don't really want to "get involved in the politics" then I'm
not sure what to say. Everyone has to be involved to some degree to help
steer things in the right direction that works for as many people as
possible. Without being involved you won't be able to represent the
projects you care about. We need people to take an active interest, but
if you're just interested in packaging stuff in a small bubble, separate
from everything else, then I'm not sure it would work out that well anyway.

I hope you reconsider, but you *will* have to get more involved if you
want to do that. It's an essential part of the community.