[Mageia-dev] Can't win - or, best of both worlds . . .!

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Tue Nov 27 15:23:39 CET 2012

Al 24/11/12 21:38, En/na John Balcaen ha escrit:

> [keyfile]
> hostname=aker.cauldron.lan.littleboboy.net <http://aker.cauldron.lan.littleboboy.net>
>
> it's mean that i'm using the keyfile plugin (read [1] or man NetworkManager.conf for more details) & ask nm to to also start dnsmasq for me.
> I also setup the hostname to set in nm in the keyfile section.

I omitted this section and "bad things happened" i.e. after a short while kde started, applications complained that they couldn't open display :0, in fact the kde taskbar couldn't launch any application, not even the shutdown applet.
Right after kde started I managed to launch a konsole (with font sizes messed up, btw) and I could see the cause why further applications wouldn't start.

Bye
--
Luca