[Mageia-dev] The shiny new Control Center

Steven Tucker tuxta2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 10:53:38 CEST 2012

On 01/10/12 17:40, Angelo Naselli wrote:

> Hi,
> I'd like to recall next point:
>
>> 1/ What should we call it ??
>>
>> I have been using mcc2 as a working name, however I'm not convinced
>> this is the right approach. I will soon be uploading the code (been
>> using my own svn repo up till now), and it would be good to start
>> with the name it will stick with. Should the name relate to
>> Mageia?, or should it be more generic?
> It's very important, after that we can start sharing the code in our
> repository (as soon as tuxta has been granted to commit :) )

Okay, so I am in favour of a new name, calling it mcc2 has already
caused confusion, so a new name more accurately portrays the program.
Also if Mageia were not to take it up, a more generic name would allow
others to more easily take it on.

So the following are some suggestions, including keeping the current
name. Can we do some sort of poll ??

     Name                                   --    launcher

1. Admin Panel                         --  apanel
2. Configuration Panel              --  copanel
3. Mageia Configuration Panel   --  mcp
4. Mageia Administration Panel  --  map
5. Free Panel   --  fpanel
6. Mageia Control Center  --  mcc  -- until it replaces the existing one
->> mcc2 or mcc-new or mcc-libyui

I have put them in the order I prefer.

If you have any more suggestions we can add them.

Tuxta