[Mageia-dev] The shiny new Control Center

Steven Tucker tuxta2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 12:43:06 CEST 2012

On 01/10/12 19:48, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
> May be I misunderstand this sentence, but the new mcc will not carry
> any "yastish" ingredients or behavior?
> (From SuSE 4.4.1 on until today YaST has always been one outstanding
> reason for me to not use SuSE)

libyui is a library used to write programs that can be run in GTK, QT or
ncurses all from the same code.
A UI abstraction Layer.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Where YAST fits in --> YAST uses libyui to achieve cross widget
capabilities.

So to compare mcc2 (still using that name for now) to YAST would be like
comparing two unrelated programs because they both use Qt.