[Mageia-dev] version scheme blocks mgarepo submit

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Mon Oct 1 17:04:10 CEST 2012

On Mon, 01 Oct 2012, Florent Monnier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have this error message with 'mgarepo submit' :
>
> Submission errors, aborting:
> - mascot-1.0-5.mga3:
>  - Current or newer revision(s) already exists in core/release for
> cauldron: 1.0beta-4.mga3
>
> the previous version was 1.0beta, now is 1.0.

According to rpmdev-vercmp :
$ rpmdev-vercmp 1.0-5.mga3 1.0beta-4.mga3
1.0-5.mga3 < 1.0beta-4.mga3

To avoid this, beta version should have been something like
1.0-0.4beta.mga3, with 1.0-1.mga3 for first stable release.

> I probably not used the correct scheme to add the "beta" part.
> But now how can I fix this ?

If the beta package was only available in cauldron and not part of a
stable release of mageia, we can simply remove the package from the
repository so you can submit it again. Cauldron users of the package
will have to remove and reinstall the package.