[Mageia-dev] Any progress on the NFS mount problem? - One step further

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Oct 2 03:24:44 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Guillaume Rousse at 01/10/12 18:45 did gyre and gimble:
>>> Last, you'd better use autofs to mount those filesystems on
>>> demand, rather than hardcoding them in /etc/fstab, which avoid to
>>> relies on server availability during the boot.
>>
>> Replace nfs with autofs in those lines?
> No, that means dropping any nfs filesystem entry in your /etc/fstab, and
> configuring autofs daemon instead. But that's off-topic right now...

While off-topic, I think you can make this a magic autofs entry without
using the full autofs - Just add the "x-systemd.automount" option.

Don't try this right now tho', best get everything working nicely first.
But something for the future perhaps (not tried it myself).