[Mageia-dev] Suspending package maintainership

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Wed Oct 3 17:25:49 CEST 2012

Am 09.08.2012 10:42, schrieb Colin Guthrie:
> 'Twas brillig, and Florian Hubold at 08/08/12 20:57 did gyre and gimble:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> sadly i need to announce that i'll suspend maintainership
>> because lack of time currently, and in the near future, say
>> at least for the next half year or so. I've already waited a bit too
>> long and some others already did some security updates on my behalf
>> like for wireshark and avidemux.
>>
>> Quite sad about this, but in the end it's better than falsely
>> pretending packages are maintained when they are effectively not.
>> I'll try to take on the bugs which are currently assigned to me
>> as i find the time to do so.
>>
>> In exchange i'd try to mentor one or two new padawans, to
>> somehow make up for the gap.
> Sad to hear but such is the way of things sometimes. Thankfully you'll
> still be "around" generally which is very nice to hear :)
>
> All the best
>
> Col

To finalize this, after resolving most of the bugs which were assigned
to me, i've dropped maintainership of all packages which
i grabbed to not see them dropped. After all that was maybe not the best idea,
as that's nearly the same as having them unmaintained, at least partially.

Here's the list:

[doktor5000 at Mageia2 ~]$ mgarepo maintdb get | grep doktor5000 | grep -vE
'thunderbird|hplip' | cut -d" " -f1
X11 forwarding request failed on channel 0
2mandvd
aircrack-ng
airsnort
aria2
autoconf
autoconf2.1
autogen
cairo-dock
cairo-dock-plugins
cairo-dock-themes
ccache
chkrootkit
conky
desktop-file-utils
devede
dkms
dvdauthor
e17_themes
e_dbus
e_modules
ecore
edb
edje
edje_viewer
eet
efreet
eina
embryo
eterm
evas
exaile
exalt
fontforge
gpsbabel
gramps
grip
gwibber
handbrake
hwinfo
icecream
imlib2
inkscape
libast
lshw
me-tv
moovida
moovida-plugins-bad
moovida-plugins-good
moovida-plugins-ugly
navit
ndiswrapper
ntfs-3g
qbittorrent
task-e17
tesseract
wireshark
wpa_supplicant
x264
xdg-utils

Feel free to grab them and care for them ...