[Mageia-dev] Problem with NetworkManager and system wide connections

Sander Lepik sander.lepik at eesti.ee
Mon Oct 15 10:47:44 CEST 2012

Hey!

I have some very stupid problem on Mageia 2 with NM. I created system
wide connection so that it gets connected at boot time. Now if wifi
happens to drop for some reason, NM won't reconnect and asks for *root*
password. Search results so long show that i'm not the only one having
that problem. And some suggest to add my user to network group. I think
it's a bad idea and in Mageia we have solved such problems better. Any
ideas how can i avoid that root password prompt?

--
Sander