[Mageia-dev] NEED REVIEW: drakdisk refresh feature

Pascal Terjan pterjan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 16:05:28 CEST 2012

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 6:52 PM, AL13N <alien at rmail.be> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is a first patch, concerning the drakdisk feature
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Feature:DiskDrakeRedesign
>
> the patch does the following:
> - group the functionality to actually get all the disks in a function
> - pass a ref to the function as the do_force_reload parameter to interactive
> - make a Refresh function that returns "force_reload"
> - add a button in the gtk
>
> what it still needs for the first stage of this feature:
> - a button for the curses one
> - remove the abort message if no disks are found, but add a text in place of
> the disk tabs to say there are no disks and telling you can refresh after
> plugging in a disk.
>

> attached is a small patch for /soft/drakx
>
> can *anyone* tell me if i'm on the right track, or if i'm doing ugly stuff, or
> if i'm forgetting important parts?

Sorry for not looing at it faster but after one month travelling my
home was burgled 10 days ago which mean I could not yet come back to a
normal life...

How is it different from the "Reload partition table" action hidden
behind "More" (which for some reason was per disk even if it reloads
them all) and only displayed during install?
There is nothing obviously wrong, most of the work will be to make
sure every part of the code handles this correctly (mostly
raid/lvm/...) and interface also recreates tabs correctly etc...
It has been broken/fixed various times and if this is to be displayed
more visibly it should be properly tested