[Mageia-dev] Mageia 2 - Security issiue

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Thu Oct 18 00:41:04 CEST 2012

On Thursday 18 October 2012 00:33, Olivier Blin wrote:
> You can probably configure this with msecgui, there's an ALLOW_REBOOT
> setting there.

I foundit looking through my mdv systems, lurking in /etc/security/msec/security.conf
and that stoped the system from rebooooting or halting.
However it broke the shutdown procedure.
The graphical login screen stopped, and teh system displayed a message saying something about not finding the reboot command.

It did not prompt me for any passwords, like the previously mdv install did.
So something has changed since mdv2010.2 and mga2 that broke this setup.

The end resullt is that I can't use this setting. :-\=

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324