[Mageia-dev] "App-CPAN2Pkg keeps failing on already available packages" - https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=80418

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Fri Oct 26 11:53:09 CEST 2012

Hi Jerome,

I've been trying out CPAN2Pkg, and was dismayed by this bug:

"App-CPAN2Pkg keeps failing on already available packages (in the Mageia
upstream).

I did not get a reply to the previous bug I reported (which is of similar
nature) in 3 months
- https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=78510 .

Now, I tried to find out what the problem with CPAN2Pkg and after a long
investigation, I realised that check_upstream_availability() and
_install_from_upstream_with_rpm_lock() are called only on the initial
$self->module->name() (which is object-wide) and not only on its prerequisites.
That's not good - we should check each prerequisite as well. Can you look into
fixing this? Otherwise, it makes cpan2pkg extremely frustrating to use.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish