[Mageia-dev] Packages not updating?

zezinho lists.jjorge at free.fr
Mon Oct 29 22:11:52 CET 2012

Em 29-10-2012 20:29, Anne Wilson escreveu:
> Earlier today I did a big update on Cauldron.  Since then my wireless
> connection has not been working.  I started to gather information to
> immediately told that broadcom-wl-kernel and two other packages (one
> was broadcom-wl-kernel-netbook, I think) needed installing.
>
> Have I missed doing something, or should they have been picked up in
> the usual way?

I suppose you did the first install with non-free media. Kernel brings
an open-source driver for some Broadcom cards.

ldetect list still prefers the closed source driver, so mcc ask it's
install.

The open-source driver has still big problems on my laptop, so I think
we should not change this default...