[Mageia-dev] rehashing the faac issue

Olivier Blin mageia at blino.org
Tue Oct 30 01:08:26 CET 2012

Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> writes:

> There has been a wide consensus for the solution to put it into
> tainted as has been said in this thread as well.

The consensus was maybe not so clear then.

> Sorry if it is too offending for one or the other if I call this
> procedure "ridiculous".

Where do you see a procedure here? :-)
Offer one if you think that's needed.

It could be up to the council or board to chose the lesser evil between:
- picking tainted for non-free + tainted packages like faac, and thus
  forbid mirroring tainted packages that are only free-software
  (but maybe that's the hypothetical 'selective mirror admin' from Guillaume)
- adding a new nonfree-tainted repository, just for faac for now,
  despite the relative media clutter that it would add, but for the sake
  of clear definitions of the media content

--
Olivier Blin - blino