[Mageia-dev] rehashing the faac issue

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Tue Oct 30 10:49:31 CET 2012

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 12:59:09AM +0200, PhilippeDidier wrote:
> I am not skilled enough to become a maintainer... and most of all I
> would not have regularly time to really maintain packages (I wouldn't do
> a serious work for the community if I'm not here to apply corrections
> when needed)

At long as you spend some time every so often it should be fine. Just be
a bit sane, meaning: if you make a big change somewhere, ensure you have
some time afterwards to check if there is any fallout.

I'd totally appreciate if someone takes the effort to make fixes. No
matter if that is every day, or maybe an hour/month. All that work adds
up.

If you make a change and unintentionally it results in some bug and
you're not around: too bad, shit happens. And you learned something, so
whatever. Enough people around to fix urgent bugs.
--
Regards,
Olav