[Mageia-dev] Repository access problem?

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Oct 30 19:37:57 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and Thomas Backlund at 29/10/12 14:18 did gyre and gimble:
> 29.10.2012 15:52, Colin Guthrie skrev:
>> 'Twas brillig, and Wolfgang Bornath at 29/10/12 13:25 did gyre and
>> gimble:
>>> For me it does not matter so much anyway, mirror mandrivauser.de will
>>> close down at December 2012. :(
>>
>> Oh no! I liked that mirror - waaaay faster than d-c but still regularly
>> updated. I will miss it!
>>
>> Col
>>

> I'd suggest to switch to mirror,kernel.org as their distributed infra is
> capable of handling big loads :)

Hmm, I tried this, but:

host mirrors.kernel.org
mirrors.kernel.org is an alias for mirrors.us.kernel.org.
mirrors.us.kernel.org has address 149.20.4.71

So I seem to just be getting the US mirror and it was slow as hell.

According to this page:
http://www.kernel.org/mirrors/

I should be able to use:
http://www.uk.kernel.org/pub/software/

But that doesn't resolve either.

And even on:
http://www.kernel.org/mirrors/countries/html/UK.html

None of the links there resolve.

All seems a bit broken to me :s

Tried from a couple different ISPs and for a few other countries with
the same result :(