[Mageia-dev] Distrib-coffee big failure of the century

Barry Jackson zen25000 at zen.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 22:21:26 CET 2012

On 30/10/12 20:16, Olivier Thauvin wrote:

> I do my best to restore the service as soon as possible.
> At time, 26GB of Mageia are restored.
>
> Regards.

Good news!
I switched temporarily to rsync://fr2.rpmfind.net but now find that it
is also now empty. It was working OK for most of the day.

I lost some files from my personal mirror when rsync://fr2.rpmfind.net
was wiped, but killed rsync just in time.

Using --delete-after it's not easy to avoid this happening, but a safety
net is needed to stop all downstream mirrors following suit when a
disaster happens.

I will set --max-delete=500 locally in future.

Any better ideas?