[Mageia-dev] systemctl no longer supports reload on iptables

Richard Couture rrc at LinuxCabal.org
Tue Oct 30 22:33:22 CET 2012

I am teaching a class on administration of GNU & Linux using Mageia 2 at
one of the State of Jalisco's offices and while teaching iptables I
noted that reload no longer is supported with this service.

I have always used it in the past to avoid disconnecting people with
restart if whatever changes I made to the tables were not relevant to
their connection.

Has something changed in iptables/netfilter where restart works like
reload used to work, or have we lost some functionality?

Thanks

Richard