[Mageia-dev] systemctl no longer supports reload on iptables

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Oct 31 00:03:53 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 30/10/12 22:34 did gyre and gimble:
> 'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 30/10/12 22:28 did gyre and gimble:
>> I'll make a note to update the iptables package (but someone is welcome
>> to beat me to it).
>
> Just submitted an (untested) fix for this.

And of course that failed with the latest kernel!

> I think there could be a newer iptables version available, but I didn't
> look at that directly.

I've updated it to the latest version now: 1.4.16.3

There are a few changes. Some modules moved from libipt_* to libxt_*
(and I've no idea what that means).

Also I don't have kernel-source-latest here but it seems to build fine
with kernel-devel-latest. YMMV.

Can someone who actually knows about this stuff (*cough* Thomas *cough*)
maybe do a quick review and submit it if it's OK?

connman and xtables-addons will need rebuilt (untested) for the new major.