[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/updates_testing x11-driver-video-intel-2.20.6-2.mga3

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 14:55:37 CEST 2012

On 7 September 2012 14:31, JA Magallón <jamagallon at ono.com> wrote:
>> tv <tv> 2.20.6-2.mga3:
>> + Revision: 288933
>> - rebuild for new xserver
>
> Input drivers still prevent my systems to upgrade, perhaps you should
> also rebuild them for this server...

If you were wondering, I plan to finish the driver rebuild for
xserver-1.13 tonight.

I'll have to make first x11-server-devel-1.13.0-1.mga3 requires GL-devel
else half the drivers fail to compile due to:

$ pkg-config --exists --print-errors "xorg-server >= 1.10 xproto
inputproto" --print-errors
Package dri was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `dri.pc'
Package 'dri', required by 'xorg-server', not found

Yes, even input drivers such as evdev :-(
nvidia should works fine, ati driver should work soon
(since ubuntu 12.10 will ship xserver-1.13 too)

As usual, I'll ask for success/failure reports for major drivers before pushing
it into {core,nonfree}/release

I'll of course wait for mga3a1 to be out too.

See you