[Mageia-dev] Network issue with pm-suspend

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Sep 7 17:48:24 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Olivier Thauvin at 07/09/12 12:07 did gyre and gimble:
> * Maarten Vanraes (maarten.vanraes at gmail.com) wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> To move between my home and work I swith off my computer using
>>> pm-suspend.
>>>
>>> But when I wake up my laptop, the network is not reset so previous IP
>>> and route remain (on both ethernet and wifi card).
>>>
>>> Pluging and unpluging the ethernet cable has no action and even an
>>> ifconfig down / ifconfig up does not make the ethernet sending a dhcp
>>> request.
>>>
>>> Am I the only one to have sucj issue ? Any idea about this issue ?
>>
>> on my worklaptop (mga2) i use suspend-to-disk, and after i have my
>> screensaver, it seems to hang and take quite a while before the
>> screensaver actually moves... (1min)?
>>
>> by that time, the network is down and after a little while after i log in,
>> the wifi comes up with the new wifi connection...
>>
>> or did you use suspend-to-memory? (i used that too, for smaller times, but
>> haven't switched locations in between suspends)
>
> I use "pm-suspend", which is suspend to memory.
>
> The problem can be invisible in the case the IP address is still valid
> at wake up.

I've certainly seen it where having a network cable plugged in both
before and after suspend but in different locations and it just keeps
the old IP from the previous dhcp session but whenever that happens I
just unplug for a few seconds and replug and it all works it self out.

So I've not really seen your issue sadly.