[Mageia-dev] packakge changes

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Sun Sep 9 22:39:11 CEST 2012

On Saturday, September 08, 2012 11:31:56 PM Funda Wang wrote:
> BTW, what do you want to do with 389ds*? See here:
> http://check.mageia.org/cauldron/dependencies.html
>
> 2012/9/9 Funda Wang <fundawang at gmail.com>:
> > If you mean libkolabxml and libkolab, these two packages are not
> > comply mandriva/mageia lib policy, there are just plain imported
> > fedora packages. They are not using our compilation flags and macros.
> > They are introducing unneeded requires both for runtime and devel
> > time.
> >
> > For zarafa, I mean to rebuild it with boost 1.50.0, but it failed due
> > to the fact it is using old filesystem api. So, I tried to bump to
> > latest minor version, but failed again.
> >
> > 2012/9/9 Thomas Spuhler <thomas at btspuhler.com>:
> >> fwang
> >> Please stop messing around with packages that are work in progress and
> >> you are not the owner.
> >> If you like, please do zarafa as you already started it.
> >> --
> >> Best regards
> >> Thomas Spuhler

fwang
It's needed for kolab-3 and a lot of deps. I am importing and building those.
This is why I said work in progress. I will revisit all those packages once
kolab-3 works.
The kolab folks built it on Fedora and now make debian packages. Our
kolab-2.2.4 doesn't work anymore and it isn't supported upstreams.
--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler