[Mageia-dev] unity on mageia

Claire Robinson eeeemail at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 14:02:48 CEST 2012

On 12/09/12 22:53, JA Magallón wrote:

> I have no voice nor vote, but I really would prefer Mageia invest efforts
> if any on integrating Cinnamon better than Unity. But that is just personal
> stuff...

Everybody has a voice and vote, it's a community :)

I would imagine there are members of the community out there who would
love to see Unity included. It only needs somebody to actually do it.
We're still quite short of packagers so the ones we have are already
quite overloaded. There is a great mentoring scheme too to get you started.

https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Becoming_a_Mageia_Packager

I'd suggest an appeal to the wider community, there must be somebody out
there who would like to see Unity included and is willing to get
involved and make it happen.

Maybe also try the forums and mageia-discuss mailing list too.

Claire